Do NOT send IP to all users

• Hi,

just noticed something really bad, imho: The chat is sending the ip address of joining users to ALL other users, not just mods or admins. Everyone who can find the XHR requests in their browser can see the user ip. Perhaps it would be a great feature, NOT to send IPs to everyone?

Regards,

ITG

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi @IT Guy,

good catch. In fact this is not a suggestion but a real must-not-happen bug. I just fixed the issue and uploaded Tims Chat 3.0.6 to my package server and the plugin store. It should be available there soon as well.

At this point I must deeply apologize for my really sub par actioning speed on this issue. This must not happen for such privacy violating bugs.

• Hi @IT Guy,

good catch. In fact this is not a suggestion but a real must-not-happen bug. I just fixed the issue and uploaded Tims Chat 3.0.6 to my package server and the plugin store. It should be available there soon as well.

At this point I must deeply apologize for my really sub par actioning speed on this issue. This must not happen for such privacy violating bugs.

Thanks for the fix. I deployed some hotfix of my own in our forum (by simply changing the attribute there), so it was not time critical, but of course, a clean solution is always preferable. We'll update as soon as possible.