Beiträge von darjeeling

I'm trying to work out where ImageProxy stores its data. There are no obviously-named tables in the WCF/WBB database schema, and I can't find any files on the filesystem other than what appear to be cached images, renamed.

Can you possibly advise?

I am not a developer (I was 10-20 years ago) but I am also not a moron.

I'm trying to understand. I can't believe you would "Dislike" my post for that.

By "WEBHOSTING-IP" you mean the IP address of the server where the website in question is hosted, yes?

So if the IP address of the server is blocked by Photobucket, how can the images can appear in the editor? I am just trying to understand.

You said: "Maybe your IP has been blocked by photobucket."

But it can't have been, because if it had been, they would not be visible in the editor!

I understand that in the editor they are not cached and in the post they are, so the fact they show in the editor indicates that it is the cache that is not working.

But the fact that they are visible in the editor means that the Photobucket server is not blocking the IP.

Not to worry, I will continue to investigate and let you know if I find the cause.

Thank you .

On your server you mean?

There has to be something else going on, perhaps a clash with another plugin or something, because as I mentioned, when the post is in the editor the images are visible, so Photobucket can't have blocked us.

It's only in the final rendered post that a broken image link is displayed.

Hi Josh,

I have been trying to contact you, maybe I finally found the right place. It's confusing.

I have been using ImageProxy for 8 months and recently, like in the last few days, Photobucket images have started to appear as "broken image" icons instead of the image itself, in posts.

In the editor, the images appear perfect.

But once you save the post, they are broken.

So, the cache is not working, for Photobucket images.

The Photobucket URLs have always been strange -- ending in HTML not JPG for example -- but it has always worked before now.

Example post: http://edgematters.uk/thread/2725-ivory-micarta-trapper/?postID=27792#post27792

http://edgematters.uk/thread/2…r/?postID=27792#post27792

Thank you, perfect!

Please tell me, is there a reason we can only cache images for up to 7 days? The plugin offers such an excellent speed boost, it would be nice to be able to cache them for much longer.

Further, I can imagine more enhancements, should you wish to make them! For example, an option in each post under Settings:

Cache images locally [x] for [ 21 ] days

and if you check the box you can change the number from 0 (cache for ever) to any positive integer.

Thank you for making the plugin, I really appreciate your time and effort.

Hi,

My site is so much slower with your cache plugin disabled but if I switch it back on the cache is not always working.

Is there a way to force the cache to rebuild? I'm sure that will fix it.

I have only just noticed your reply to this, Tim. Thank you... I did get them working eventually but I had to call in a friend who is more of a linux guru. The Push stuff works very well.

Sorry to comment to my own thread but... I have had to switch off the cache, so that link I posted has pictures that are now working, but it's a shame I had to switch it off, so if you know how I can fix it please let me know.

Hi,

On my forum, there is a post where the rendered page (via "View Page Source") is showing the locally cached image URL, but the post was made more than 7 days ago (in fact, about 13 days).

The images on the page are displayed as broken image icons.

So I think the cache plugin should be showing the remote files by now, and probably the reason it is showing "broken image" icons instead of the images is that the images are no longer in the cache?

Any idea how I can fix this please?

The post in question is >here<.

Many thanks for a great plugin!

Hi,

Thank you for making the plugin available, your time and effort are much appreciated. I'm having some problems with it though.

I have installed Socket.io, nodejs and npm on the server.... then 3 Plugins; Push notifications, nodePush, and Push, and am having this issue, from nginx log files:

2015/04/30 13:03:00 [error] 28591#0: *8694 directory index of "/srv/myserver.com/html/socket.io/" is forbidden, client: 77.96.78.46, server: myserver.com, request: "GET /socket.io/?EIO=3&transport=polling&t=1430395379908-1028 HTTP/1.1", host: "myserver.com", referrer: "http://myserver.com/"

The directory /srv/myserver.com/html/socket.io/ does exist, and contains:

Code
    -rw-r--r-- 1 www-data www-data 400 Apr 13 13:33 global.php
    -rw-r--r-- 1 www-data www-data 306 Apr 13 13:33 index.php
    drwxr-xr-x 2 www-data www-data 4096 Apr 16 02:34 js
    drwxr-xr-x 2 www-data www-data 4096 Apr 16 02:34 templates

Perhaps I have configured wrong here.... what should go here? I am not understanding the explanation:

The path unix://{WCF_DIR}acp/be.bastelstu.wcf.nodePush/tmp/inbound.sock which I presume maps to /srv/myserver.com/html/acp/be.bastelstu.wcf.nodePush/tmp/inbound.sock does not seem to exist.

Thank you if you can help. We are supposed to launch tonight!